Saturday, January 16, 2010

That was a heck of a coffee break

It has been a LOOOOONG times since I posted anything. I think my need for everything to be witty was killing me. I felt like I couldn't keep it up anymore. I just need to go back to writing about the coffee shops that I like to hang out at and perhaps re-visit some old ones. In the past year, my view on coffee shops has changed slightly. I am looking at coffee shops in a new light. Since my baby came along, I feel like I have had some cafe's look at me differently as soon as they see me with a stroller or wearing a baby carrier. I feel a bit like Ruth Reichl (a previous New York Times food critic - Read Garlic and Sapphires, you will never regret it if you love foodie books are are interested in human behaviour) coming into different restaurants and having the same people react to you differently because of who you came with or who you are.

In short I am going to make a better effort in making more comments on some new places, a few comments on different beans, even make comment on some of the different ways some places prepare coffee. In short this will still be a coffee blog, but it will be served with more of the options.

1 comment:

Jennifer J said...

Yeeeeeeaaaahhh, COFFEE'S BACK!!!